Melanie Bobby is the Founder and Principle Managing Broker of JENCY Agency. She loves the SD area because of the strong family values in ever changing times. Melanie takes the time to find you the perfect home and make the process as easy as possible.
A real estate broker works to negotiate and arrange real estate transactions. My daily duties include writing contracts and overseeing transactions for sales and purchasing activities on homes, land and commercial properties. As a broker, I have attained a higher-level license than a Broker Associate, Real Estate Agent or Realtor and can hire real estate agents to work as a team under my supervision.
As a supervising or managing broker, my agents handle most or all of the brokerage transactions. As part of the supervisory responsibilities for agents, I am responsible for:
- Verifying continued licensing of all brokerage agents.
- Instructing and training and providing training resources for agents.
- Responsible for agent behavior, performance, and legal compliance.
- Provides some services and marketing resources for agents.
- Often maintains a brokerage website for agent marketing.
Real estate brokers, licensed at the highest state levels, set standards of practice in the area and are tasked with maintaining high levels of customer/client service and compliance with all state-based real estate laws.